Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)



Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We were recently at a party with Faith. This was the first time we had gone anywhere in a social setting. What surprised me wasn't the reactions we got from people, or the curious glares, it was how inquisitive the children who saw Faith were. It's like they were drawn to her. They gathered around her asking great questions while the adults in the room uncomfortably shuffled around us. When you have a child with as much equipments as Faith has it's only natural to look and wonder. I remember the first time I saw a person with a trach I was about 10 years old. I remember being very scared when a man with a funny voice and a hole in his neck handed me our order at KFC. I had lots of questions, but unlike the children we encountered on Saturday at the party I was afraid to ask.

We love it when people ask questions about Faith. As a parent whenever anyone shows interest in your child you take it as a compliment. Because we've become immersed in the medical world this past year sometimes we assume that everyone else around us is as well.

We know this is not the case so that's why we started this section in the blog. If there's every something you wanted to know about Faith, our family, or our world just ask away! No question is too taboo for us (believe me...the 9 year olds covered them all!!!)

No comments: